Here's some tips on how you can add and download subtitles to your videos.
What you’ll need to get started:
- Synthesia account: With Synthesia you generate pre-recorded AI videos.
- Youtube account: Upload your Synthesia generated videos to Youtube and add or download subtitles to your videos.
Why are subtitles good to have?
There are many reasons to use subtitles in your videos. Here are some examples:
- Captions improve SEO.
- Viewers are more engaged with subtitles.
- Subtitles improve comprehension.
- Many people don’t or can’t turn on audio. In fact, 85% of videos on facebook are watched in mute.
- Subtitles increase video social reach.
- Great for people with hearing loss.
How do you add subtitles to your videos?
1. Create your video in Synthesia Studio. Design your slides completely the way you want them. Now create the video.
2. Download the video and upload it to Youtube. Before publishing, go through the various steps to make sure your title etc is correct. Also, if you want to force subtitles to play when your video starts, go to the tag section at the bottom of the page and add the attribute: yt:cc=on
3. Add subtitles to your video. Youtube offers auto-generated subtitles that just need to be enabled. Once the video is uploaded and ready to play on your channel, go to the gear icon. Select the language you want from the list and the subtitles will appear in your video. You can drag them around depending on where you want to place the subtitles.
4. Download your subtitles. This can be very helpful if you want to share the video on, for example, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. Navigate to the subtitles in the left bar. Click on "Edit" and select your language. Then select the type of file you want. For example, you can use the (. srt) file for a video posting on LinkedIn.